"Get Lit" New Year's Eve Celebration
Date & Time
- December 31, 2020
- Activities from 9 p.m. until midnight
Folepi’s Winter Wonderland, on Par 3 Lane off Springfield Road
This is your chance to see the floats and displays up close, because you can run, walk or ride our lighted trolley through Folepi’s Winter Wonderland. Now in it’s 20th year, Get Lit is a fun way to celebrate the new year with the traditional fun run/walk and family activities. There will be no vehicular traffic in the Winter Wonderland during the event. Dogs are not allowed at the event.
There are fun ways for families to celebrate the New Year at the Get Lit.
Warm up by the fire pits from 9 p.m. until midnight. Due to COVID-19 restrictions cooking of campfire treats cannot occur this year. Instead, all participants will receive food goodie bags with a packet of hot cocoa mix, a candy cane and other treats.
Ride the Festival of Lights lighted Trolley parade float through the Winter Wonderland from 9 until 9:45 p.m. and again after the completion of the run/walk until midnight.
The Get Lit’s traditional 1-mile run/walk through the Winter Wonderland starts at 10 p.m. This is a fun way to "run" in the New Year!
All participants must remain on the main road through the Winter Wonderland due to the numerous guide wires that hold up the lighted displays.
Cost and How To Register
- $20 which includes all activities (non-competitive run/walk, trolley rides, fire pits and food goodie bag)
- Get a 20th Annual Get Lit commemorative long-sleeve T-shirt if pre-registered by Saturday, December 19. There will be a limited availability of shirts at the event.
- Register online at GetMeRegistered.com or via phone by calling EastSide Centre, 309-698-5437.
- Pre-registration is highly encouraged.
Event Parking and Packet Pickup
The packet pickup and registration will be at the entrance of Folepi's Winter Wonderland on Par 3 Lane Thursday, December 31 after the drive-through display closes to vehicle traffic. Get Lit participants should enter on Par 3 Lane at the Folepi's Winter Wonderland entrance. Volunteers will help with parking.
More Information or to Volunteer
For more information or to volunteer, call Pat Keim at 309-694-1740.