Frequently Asked Questions
- If I currently have someone in my rental unit who is in need of financial help, can they get on the EPHA program for immediate assistance?
- Can I use my own lease agreement?
- How do I make my unit available to voucher holders?
- Can you answer questions about the potential family to assist with the screening process?
- How much rent can I charge?
- Will you inspect my unit before I find an EPHA-qualified family to rent it?
- Does the EPHA pay for any tenant damages?
- What else should I consider before leasing to an EPHA client?
- Can I charge the tenant extra above the amount stated on the lease agreement?
- Can I charge a penalty for late rent payments?
- If I do have problems with the tenant, does the EPHA take care of the problem for me?
- Where can I find information on community schools?
- How do I get on the East Peoria Housing Authority (Section 8 Voucher, HUD) program to receive financial assistance with my rent?
- Do I have to live in East Peoria to make an application?
- How do I know if I am eligible for rental assistance?
- What does Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher mean?
- What is the Project Based Voucher Program?
- How do I make an application for the Leisure Acres Project Based Program?
- Can I rent from a relative?
- How much of my rent will EPHA pay?
- Do I have to live in a place designated by EPHA?
- Can I rent anywhere in Tazewell County and/or the Pekin area?
- Will the EPHA help me purchase a home?
- I made an application and am on the waitlist. Can you tell me how long it will be before I am offered financial rental help?