Red, White & BOOM!
It's the largest fireworks display in Illinois!
- Thursday, July 4, 2019
- Location: RiverFront Park in East Peoria and the Peoria riverfront
- Admission: Free
- East Peoria events begin at 5 p.m.; fireworks display at 9:30 p.m.
- Rain date (rain or high winds) - Friday, July 5; same times and locations.
- Learn about events on the Peoria riverfront at the official Red, White & BOOM website
The sky above the East Peoria and Peoria riverfronts will be filled with the largest fireworks display in the state during UnityPoint Health Red, White and BOOM on July 4.
East Peoria Events
- 5-8 p.m. - Wildlife Prairie Park exhibits; grilled bratwurst and pork chops available from East Peoria Community High School Booster Club
- 5-10 p.m. - Mix 106.9 live radio broadcast
- 9:30 p.m. - Fireworks display, shot from a barge on the Illinois River between the Bob Michel and Murray Baker bridges on the East Peoria and Peoria riverfronts
Alcohol and grills, both gas and charcoal, are not allowed in RiverFront Park.
To prevent damage to RiverFront Park's irrigation system, tents and gazebos cannot be staked to the ground. All tents are to be removed by 8:45 p.m.
Let the professionals handle the fireworks. No fireworks of any kind, including sparklers, are allowed in RiverFront Park. According to the East Peoria Fire Department, sparkler wires can become extremely hot, cause burns, and those stepping on discarded wires can be injured.
The fireworks are timed to a soundtrack and sound systems will be set up on both the East Peoria and Peoria riverfronts. Those who are not in proximity of some of the sound systems can tune any radio to 1470 and 100.3 WMBD, 93.3 The Drive, The New 104.9 The Wolf, Mix 106.9, G 102.3, 95.9 The Sports Nut, and Superhits WIRL.