- Police Department
- Accident Requests
For a more immediate response, you or your insurance company can obtain a copy of your accident report online. You can get the report at LexisNexis. Please see the instructions/information below:
- Click Search.
- Follow the instructions to search for the accident report.
- The report should appear at the bottom of the screen. Click Add to Cart and create a free account to continue.
- Once you have created an account, you will have the option to buy the report. The report costs $15.00, this includes a convenience fee that LexisNexis charges.
For a response within five business days, you can request a copy directly from the East Peoria Police Department. All requests for crash reports will be governed by the Illinois Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), 5 ILCS 140/1, and you will be receiving a redacted version of the requested records. Please choose one of the following options:
- If you would like to request, pay for, and receive your redacted crash report via e-mail, use E-PAY. It costs $6.00 to purchase the report, this includes a $1.00 card fee.
- If you would like to pick up and pay for your redacted crash report at the East Peoria Police Department, you can fill out a Freedom of Information Request using this website by clicking on FOIA Request Form in the menu on the left or you can fill one out in person. It costs $5.00 to purchase the report at the police department, we accept cash (exact amount) or money orders.
- If you would like a copy of the driver information exchange, you do not need to fill anything out. You may come to the police department and obtain a copy for free.
If you have any questions, please call the Records Department at 309-427-7716.