All healthcare workers can get the COVID-19 vaccine from area health departments. Eligible are:
- Long term care facility staff.
- Emergency medical services (EMS).
- Hospital-based staff.
- Health department staff.
- Clinic facility staff - including cancer centers and apheresis clinics.
- Home-health personnel - including hospice.
- Pharmacy staff.
- Other medical staff (dental, optical, etc.).
- Other healthcare workers.
Contact the health department of your choice to schedule an appointment:
- Tazewell County Health Department - call 309-650-1555
- Peoria City-County Health Department - email email@example.com
- Woodford County Health Department - call 309-467-3064
You must return to the same health department for the second dose of the vaccine.
Those who are not in this group of healthcare workers (Group 1A) should refrain from calling or emailing at this time, and instead follow the Tazewell County Health Department Facebook page or Tazewell County Health Department website for vaccine news. Also, persons age 65 and older are not eligible at this time. Health departments are sharing eligible groups as soon as the information is available.