Do I have to live in a place designated by EPHA?

No. For the Section 8 Voucher program, it is the client's responsibility to locate a housing unit. You may check newspaper ads, bulletin boards in various establishments, drive around looking for rental signs, or check the EPHA vacancy list. This list is simply a service the EPHA offers, where landlords who may want to place their property with our agency can advertise. The landlord will screen potential tenants for suitability. For the Project Based Program at Leisure Acres, the EPHA will designate an apartment.

Show All Answers

1. Where can I find information on community schools?
2. How do I get on the East Peoria Housing Authority (Section 8 Voucher, HUD) program to receive financial assistance with my rent?
3. Do I have to live in East Peoria to make an application?
4. How do I know if I am eligible for rental assistance?
5. What does Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher mean?
6. What is the Project Based Voucher Program?
7. How do I make an application for the Leisure Acres Project Based Program?
8. Can I rent from a relative?
9. How much of my rent will EPHA pay?
10. Do I have to live in a place designated by EPHA?
11. Can I rent anywhere in Tazewell County and/or the Pekin area?
12. Will the EPHA help me purchase a home?
13. I made an application and am on the waitlist. Can you tell me how long it will be before I am offered financial rental help?